18 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Yes, you CAN make brown rice in a crock pot!

To contact us Click HERE
I've been failing at cooking brown rice lately and I hate how it takes an hour to make. So I thought I'd try the slow cooker. (I've been on a slow-cooker kick these last couple weeks.) Yes, it takes longer BUT if I could put it in at the beginning of church and have it ready the minute I got home, happy day!

I realized I was using too much water (2.5 cups water to 1 cup rice). I had thought I needed that much because the climate is so dry here that I always have to use extra water when making bread. And the instructions on the package DID say to use 2-2.5 cups of water. This morning I read the fine print: use less water if you want firmer rice, more water if you want chewier rice.

So this morning I sprayed the inside of my 2 quart crock pot with cooking spray, added 2 cups brown rice and 4 cups COLD water (preserving the 1:2 ratio of rice to water). I set it on high and let it cook for 3 hours and voila. Perfectly cooked brown rice! And I was able to eat lunch immediately because I didn't have to wait an hour to cook the rice on the stove. Because really, who wants to cook something and have to wait for lunch when you get home from church? We're usually so hungry we don't even change out of our church clothes before eating!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder